Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Thrill is Gone...a Little Bit

Okay folks. So it's been a little while since my last blog post. But, in my defense, I've been a very busy/sick girl, as of late.

Oh, before I discuss anything else, I'd just like to announce that two days ago Joss Whedon's Dollhouse premiere took place, and I feel obligated to say something. 

Watch the show, or you'll go to hell. 

I'm glad I took the time to share that message.

Now, let's talk about me for a bit longer. As I said before, I've not been feeling my most chipper self, and it kind of worries me. I've been sick with a viral monstrosity that morphed into bronchial death for almost two weeks now. It makes sports painful, homework impossible, road trips unbearable, and depletes my energy levels to new time lows. Basically, it makes everything that usually makes me feel alive, feel like crap. I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

Along those same frustrated lines, I would also like to take a moment to mourn the fact that this Saturday was "Single Awareness Day" or "Forced to Express Feelings Fake or Real Day" or "Candy Companies Marketing the Colors Pink and Red Day". Whatever you want to call it, Valentine's Day Isn't quite what it was when I was five.

These days it just depresses me. And as long as I'm taking the time to express these normally unexpressed gripes with the world, I would also like to mention that I don't want to hear one more thing about how much better is to be married/engaged/ sincerely loved by a significant other. I 'm not inspired to the profane often, but I think those sentiments warrant the following reaction: "No Poop."

Wow. I'm in a daisy mood. I think I'll go take a large sleeping pill and try to breathe out of my unclogged nostril until I finally fall asleep from boredom.

Too bad misery is funny.

No comments: