Thursday, February 24, 2011

Inside the Actor's Studio with Rebekah [Insert Last Name]

While I await news from the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville (I spent most of December and January preparing materials for my application), I've watched a lot of Inside the Actor's Studio with James Lipton (Heaven bless You-tube. PS Watch the new Colin Firth episode). I like this show, because it takes a high brow approach to what is essentially a low brow interest: movie stars telling all. People Magazine eat your heart out!

In any case, at the end of every episode, Mr. Lipton asks his guests a series of questions. The questionnaire, as we are reminded every episode, was the brainchild of French television personality Bernard Pivot. In any case, I thought it might be fun to answer it.

What is your favorite word? Ethereal

What is your least favorite word? Tintinnabulation (tinkling)

What turns you on? Intelligence

What turns you off? Obvious, Stinking Mendacity

What sound or noise do you love? The sound of cicadas at dusk.

Which sound or noise do you hate? I adamantly dislike any erratic, grating, or jarring sound: i.e. clinking dishes, the sound of chewing/slurping, a jack hammer, sneezing, whispering during a lecture/meeting (especially, one I’m conducting), and loud explosions of any kind.

What’s your favorite curse word? (This one’s incredibly salty, so if you’d like to skip it, PLEASE do).



What profession would you like to have? Professor

What profession would you not like? I would hate to be a door-to-door vacuum salesman or a personal assistant to a corporate banker/CEO.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “See. I told you it was gonna be hard; but you insisted, and I obliged.”

3 comments:

Kira said...

I'm with you on the worst job ever. Any job requiring solicitation. Yikes. But who am I to say anything. I am on permanent potty duty, a highly inclusive position.

ldsjaneite said...

Some of those annoying sounds have me wondering how annoying I may have been as a roommate not knowing those things were bugging you! Glad you were patient with me. :-)

Sara Lyn said...

Totally agree with you on the annoying sounds!!! And I love your favorite word. I might have to adopt that. I do so love to say it. And I love its meaning.